Starting The Start-Up: Keys to Success:
* Create a comprehensive business plan to include the vision and strategy of the founders and major investors.
* Create a an agreement between and among the founders regarding:
buyouts or transfers of stock to third parties,
Intellectual property ownership,
bylaws and operating agreements.
* Protect technology by filing applications for:
copyrights for copyrightable software, and to protect trade secrets.
* Conducting timely trademark searches.
* Protect proprietary technology being developed by employees.
* Forming appropriate entity (partnership, LLC, Corporation (S or C).
* Conducting due diligence when hiring former employees of a competitor without to avoid intellectual property and trade secret issues.
* Maintaining organizational records, including notices, meetings and resolutions.
* Employee agreements, and creating an appropriate employee stock option plan.
* Selling securities to non-credited investors.